Fostering with us has many benefits. These include:
- A detailed and supportive application and assessment process to ensure you have made the right choices for you and your family.
- Generous weekly financial allowances for both you and the child you care for
- Comprehensive training programme, including the ‘Skills to Foster’ course and access to a wide range of professional qualifications and development opportunities.
- A social worker specifically allocated to you. You can expect to receive regular meetings which are a chance for you to talk through any problems and share information about children in your care.
- Support from other foster carers, professionally and socially, including mentoring and coffee mornings.
- Out of hours support
- Membership of the Fostering Network, which is a national network foster carers and the children they support.
Choosing to foster with your Local Authority also includes additional benefits that aren’t always available elsewhere such as:
- Local knowledge and experience. We know the children in our care really well. This helps us to match children with the carers who are most suitable for them and their circumstances. This also means we can support you to get to know them and their background quickly and help them settle in
- Access to a wide range of possible placements, from birth to 21, ensuring we place children in the best-possible homes for both them and you.
- Lower travelling distances, for example to school, meetings and contact with their birth families.
- Strong links with Children’s Centres, schools and other professional services.
- Free Leisure for Life all-inclusive leisure membership for you, a partner (or friend) and your children.
- Free discount card to get exclusive discount on local shops, restaurants and days out.
- Unlike some agencies, we operate on a not for profit basis.